Equestrian Announces USA Junior Olympic Events For 2002
United States Olympic Committee has approved the following USA
Olympic - Equestrian events for 2002:
* USA/Cosequin 2002 Junior Dressage Team Championship, August
15-18, 2002 at Devonwood, Portland, Oregon.
* FEI North American Young Riders' Championship presented by
State Line Tack, August 6-11, 2002, Wadsworth, Illinois
* USA/BET National Junior Jumper Championship, October 10-12,
2002, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
* USA National Pony Jumper Championship, August 6-8, 2002,
USA National Pony Jumper Championship is named as a USA Junior
Equestrian event for the first time in 2002.
Junior Olympics are the largest grassroots youth development program
the United States. Junior Olympic programs involve over 3,500,000
participants annually. Two-thirds of the National Governing Bodies
for Olympic Sports have Junior Olympic programs. USA Equestrian
United States Olympic Committee (USOC) support the Junior Olympics
because it believes that the Junior Olympics:
* Respond to America's culture and needs by providing
additional recreational opportunities.
* Provide positive goals and options, which have tremendous
* Present positive associations in the minds of the American
public, thereby drawing children and their parents and appealing
commercial sponsors, whose contributions support further development.
Inc., as the National Equestrian Federation of the U.S., is the
regulatory body for the Olympic and World Championship sports
of dressage, driving, endurance, eventing, reining, show jumping,
and vaulting, as well as 19 other breeds and disciplines of equestrian
competition. As the country's largest multi-breed organization,
the Federation has over 77,000 members and recognizes more than
2,800 competitions nationwide each year. It governs all aspects
of competition, including educating and licensing all judges,
stewards, and technical delegates who officiate at these shows.