Takes Honours In 2003 Kerrygold Grand Prix League
Gerry Flynn, riding the Minister for Defence's <Cruise Hill>,
snatched victory by just under one second at the inaugural Grand
Prix of the Kerrygold National Show Jumping League at Coilog, Co.
Kildare today (Sunday April 20).
competition was switched from grass to sand, due to the hardness
of the ground, but winner Capt. Flynn said the organisation and
the presentation of the Coilog event should be <a signature for
all future Grands Prix this season>.
added: <The final round was very competitive indeed. It was a
with a classic double clear round, beat Michael Kearins on <Polanski>
by less than a second on time, and also saw his Army Equitation
School colleague Lt. Shane Carey take Sixth Place with a fast round,
but one fence down.
riders, from a field of 41, made it through to the jump-off. The
startlist included some of Ireland's top international show jumpers,
as well as national riders.
GRAND PRIX LEAGUE SHOW JUMPING RESULT: Coilog, Co. Kildare,
Sunday April 20
Logan Earthmoving Ltd. Grand Prix
1) Cruise Hill (Owner: Minister for Defence); Capt. Gerry Flynn
0/0 Time 41.30
2) Polanski (Owner: Noel Kavanagh); Michael Kearins Faults 0/0 Time
3) Desert Prince (Owner: Ronnie Smith); Stephen Smith Faults 0/0
4) Cavaleve (Owner: Linda Courtney); Linda Courtney Faults 0/0 Time
5) Waterford Crystal (Owner: Independent News and Media); Cian O'Connor
Faults 0/0 Time 58.02
6) Lismakin (Owner: Minster for Defence) Lt. Shane Carey Faults
GRAND PRIX League Rankings after Coilog, Co. Kildare
Capt. Gerry Flynn 10 points
2) Michael Kearins 8 points
3) Stephen Smith 6 points
4) Linda Courtney 4 points
5) Cian O'Connor 3 points
6) Lt. Shane Carey 2 points