FRENCH WINS BRING IRISH GRAND PRIX VICTORIES TO FOUR
Grand Prix wins at the CSI-B in BOURG EN BRESSE (France) by Capt. Gerry Flynn and Robert Power bring the tally of Irish Grand Prix victories to four this weekend in Europe.
With Lt. David O'Brien winning the Grand Prix in Lisbon on Friday and Dermott Lennon snatching the Modena Grand Prix today (Sunday), Irish domination of the Grand Prix circuit was almost complete.
CSI-B BOURG EN BRESSE FRANCE 5-10 JUNE 2001
7 Years Old Grand Prix, Sunday June 10
1m40 - Table A with Jump Off
1) Robert Power (IRL) Gypsie de Bacon
2) J. Popely (GBR) Mery Fields Starstrok
3) JB. Martinot (FRA) Gojolie
BOURG EN BRESSE GRAND PRIX Sunday June 10
1) Capt. Gerry Flynn (IRL) Carraig Dubh Faults 0 / 0 Time 45.31 Prize Money
7,622 Euros (IR£ 6,000)
2) V. Whitaker (GBR) Eldorado Faults 0 / 0 Time 47.83 Prize Money 5,823
3) O. Robert (FRA) Brakar Faults 0 / 4 Time 43.74 Prize Money 4, 573 Euros